Friday, February 13, 2009

What's Been Happening Since I Last Blogged - Part I

Yes, you read correctly, there are going to be more than one part to my playing catch up on my blog. I really think I should give up, but then a little voice in the back of my head keeps telling me not to give up, that I have something to say…a fact which most of my friends would agree with readily. I have also found so much inspiration from a certain group of bloggers, which I will explain in a bit.

So, the last time I wrote, I had lost twenty pounds, was heading to Mexico, applying for law school and was trying to figure out why I hadn't been able to conceive in three + years. Nine months can make a lot and absolutely no difference at all. Don't worry I will explain what I mean by that.

First off…going gluten free, still one of the best things I have ever done. All in all, in just over a year I have lost 55 pounds and am slowly but surely losing about four pounds a month naturally. I hope to lose approximately another twenty pounds and I will be very happy. Some of it has been my return to an active lifestyle, going to the gym, doing yoga and pretty much being more motivated to move than I have in a long while. Mostly though, this change in my body and how I feel about myself, has come about from changing my diet. After realizing that there is wheat in practically all processed foods, I have been eating a more natural, healthy diet. We try and buy organic where possible and due to a stomach issue we found with my DH last year, we also quit eating red meat. While he cannot eat it at all, I do sometimes give in, but have really restricted myself to game meats like venison or moose. I've worked at not replacing my previous gluten filled foods with gluten free versions since I really don't need cookies or bread, but being an ex-pastry chef, the DH has provided me a few great loaves of gluten free bread which I dole out from the freezer quite sparingly. Don't really miss it all that much!

Along with all the weight loss, I was able to fulfill one of my fondest wishes and wore exclusively two piece bathing suits during our vacation to Mexico. Having lost weight with me, DH was also in great condition and we have photos of our trip that I am actually happy to show other people. I will post some in a later post. We spent the whole time immersed in water and alcohol, eating our faces off and climbing pyramids…a long-time wish of the DH. The resort we went to, The Grand Palladium Riviera Maya, is located on beachfront property and consists of five resorts in one, one of those being the Royal Suites Yucatan, the area that we stayed in. We were treated so well, royally even, with golf carts to drive our lazy butts everywhere we wanted to go, restaurants and bars which catered to just our section, and access to better booze and services throughout the property. I got to work on my archery at their archery range there, spent time using some of the included areas of the Spa and for my birthday, which occurred while we were there, we got a couple's massage. We enjoyed the ability to get a massage together (the DH's very first massage ever) that we have promised that twice a year, for each of our birthdays which are conveniently six months apart, we will get a couple's massage wherever we are be it on vacation or in town. We couldn't have asked for a better vacation and were so impressed with the place that we will definitely be going back in the future. Just not sure quite when.

So this is where I am going to end this post. I promise pictures and Part II will follow soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home